Seventh Grade

When I first arrived in August, I knew it was going to be a hard year. Late nights doing homework and studying and dealing with a lot of drama. I knew I would struggle to get though this year, but soon I realized that it was not so bad.

By October, I was drowning. I got my first report card, and it was not great. Science was killing me. I almost felt like it was a different language. I would stay up until 12 every night doing my reading notes and studying. The first half of the year was not good. But after winter break, my grades kept getting better and better.

Eventually I figured out that everything takes time. If you really want something, you have to try hard and do your best to accomplish it. My grades were low, but with a lot of effort I got through it. I didn’t have a lot of friends when I got here in 6th grade. But I figured that you just have to give it time. Now I have so many friends and I am starting to like West Ridge more than I did when I fist got here. I miss my friends in Mexico so much! I thought I was going to die in school without them. But I think the problem was that I was overthinking the hole situation going to a new school. Now I actually like going to school because I have so much fun in West Ridge. I just had to let something’s go.

In seventh grade, I learned how to structure a narrative essay in English. In science I learned how to dissect a deer’s heart. In math I learned to add and multiply so many numbers and factions. In Texas history I learned how people used to live, and how they adapt, and how Texas became independent. But mostly, this year I learned how to deal with stress in a healthy way, and how to let the past go and just enjoy every second of my life.

My advice to next years seventh graders: Enjoy every moment, and make memories with your friends. Don’t stress about it because you WILL get through it. Keep your head up and have and do your homework!

One thought on “Seventh Grade

1. Great advice, Regina. I’m glad there has been much to enjoy about seventh grade in addition to the many challenges!